Saturday, July 20, 2013

Welcome to The Beach Bird Boutique Blogs!

Welcome to The Beach Bird Boutique Blogs!

I want to take the time to introduce myself to you.  My name is Brianna and I live in South Jersey (Yes, it is very different from North Jersey, thus making the distinction!)  I was born with the initials B.B. which led to my nickname, Beach Bird, from my grandfather who lived in Brigantine Beach, NJ.  This nickname is the inspiration behind the name of my shop and blog!  

My artistic life started when I was just 5 years old.  I started taking art lessons at a studio in my town.  I am now 19 years old and teach lessons at this very same studio.  My favorite pieces to do are chalk pastel flowers and colored pencil birds.  I love to recreate photographs and make my picture look as realistic as possible!  Here is a photo of me standing in front of my art work at the 2012 Art Show:



When I was in the 7th grade, I received a jewelry making kit from my Aunt Jenn.  I fell in love with creating my own pieces.  I started to hunt at the local flea market for beaded necklaces that I could take a part and recycle the beads to make my own jewelry.  When I was a freshman in high school I had my first open house.  It was just before the holidays and I invited friends and relatives to buy my handmade jewelry!  Here are some photos of my most recent pieces:

This is a sun-catcher car charm

 This is a slinky-like bracelet

This is a lovely semi-precious stone necklace


After graduating from high school in 2012, I went off to Misericordia University to study in the Doctorate of Physical Therapy program.  It is a 6 and 1/2 year program!  I successfully completed my first year of college and loved every second of it!  I cannot wait to go back in the fall!  Unfortunately, with my school being 3 hours away from home, I was not able to hold my annual jewelry open house.  I still continue to create jewelry, but I don't have anywhere to sell them.  So, my friends recommended joining Etsy.  I finally opened my shop this past week and decided to also start a blog to go with my shop.  You can follow my shop at this link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheBeachBirdBoutique

I plan on blogging about simple how-to instructions of jewelry making basics, posting images of new jewelry I have made, and showing instructions on how to make other crafts!  So stay tuned and enjoy!  

Artistically Yours,
Brianna 
A.K.A. Beach Bird


No comments:

Post a Comment